Eligibility (for Non-Chinese citizen)
- Healthy both physically and mentally
- Outstanding academic performance and potential
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- At least 2 years' work experience before formal registration.
- Proof of language proficiency. (See detailed requirement documents below)
IMBA and MBA Test Requirements
Please note the test score requirements for the full-time IMBA and part-time MBA programs. Non-Chinese IMBA applicants are required to take the GMAT/GRE and provide proof of English proficiency. Part-time MBA international applicants must receive a passing score on the HSK5 Chinese Language Proficiency Test or above, and take a short essay test (in Chinese) on the day of the interview.
1.IELTS ≥ 6.0 or
TOEFL ≥ 575 PBT, ≥ 90 iBT or
Native English speaker or
Bachelor of English or
Graduated from a four-year undergraduate program in the United States, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong;
2. GMAT Score of 550+**/ GRE score of 310+
Chinese MBA Program
1. HSK band 5 ≥ 180 or
Native Chinese speaker or ;
Graduated from a four-year undergraduate program in China;
*Program Code is 3JJ-HJ-32
** The GMAT code for IMBA program is 6QS-5C-55
***The GMAT code for part-time Chinese MBA Program is 6QS-5C-32;
The first step in the application process is to apply online through http://mba.sjtu.edu.cn/mba/en/login.html. You need to register on the application system before you can complete and submit your application.
After submitting your online application, please prepare the documents according to the list below and send the scanned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the documents are well received, the admission team would check the documents and short-list the applicants for each round interview.
1) Official diploma (or notarized certificate) of highest degree. Certificates not in Chinese or English must be accompanied by certified translations.
2) Official university transcript
4) Personal Statement and study plan
5) Two reference letters from the applicant’s previous professors or managers
6) Documents of English or Chinese language proficiency (if asked after the interview)
7) GMAT/GRE report (if asked after the interview)
8) Proof of remittance of application fee (RMB 800 or USD 130)
9) Copy of passport
10) A passport photo