Eligibility (for Non-Chinese citizen)
- Healthy both physically and mentally
- Outstanding academic performance and potential
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- At least 2 years' work experience before formal registration.
- Proof of language proficiency. (See detailed requirement documents below)
IMBA and MBA Test Requirements
Please note the test score requirements for the full-time IMBA and part-time MBA programs. Non-Chinese IMBA applicants are required to take the GMAT/GRE and provide proof of English proficiency. Part-time MBA international applicants must receive a passing score on the HSK5 Chinese Language Proficiency Test or above, and take a short essay test (in Chinese) on the day of the interview.
1.IELTS ≥ 5.5 or
TOEFL ≥ 575 PBT, ≥ 90 iBT or
Native English speaker
2. GMAT Score of 550+**/ GRE score of 310+
Chinese MBA Program
1. HSK band 5 ≥ 220 or HSK band 6 ≥ 180
2. Preferred: GMAT score of 550+ ***/GRE Score of 310+
*Program Code is 3JJ-HJ-32
** The GMAT code for IMBA program is 6QS-5C-55
***The GMAT code for part-time Chinese MBA Program is 6QS-5C-32;
The first step in the application process is to apply online through http://mba.sjtu.edu.cn/mba/en/login.html. You need to register on the application system before you can complete and submit your application.
After submitting your online application, please prepare the documents according to the list below and send the scanned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the documents are well received, the admission team would check the documents and short-list the applicants for each round interview.
1) Official diploma (or notarized certificate) of highest degree. Certificates not in Chinese or English must be accompanied by certified translations.
2) Official university transcript
4) Employment certificate
5) Personal Statement and study plan
6) Two reference letters from the applicant’s previous professors or managers
7) Documents of English(IELTS 5.5/TOEFL 90pts or above) or Chinese(HSK Band 5 220pts or HSK Band 6 180pts or above) language proficiency
8) GMAT/GRE report (if applicant’s bachelor degree is not related to business, economics or management, applicant needs to provide his/her GMAT score before application deadline and the score should be at least 550pts)
9) Proof of remittance of application fee
10) Copy of passport
11) A passport photo